Thursday, October 22, 2020

Toshi Yoroizuka, Figue Noire

 Another quite exceptional shop visited Sunday for a new cake was Toshi Yoroizuka in Kyoubashi, Chuuou-ku, where I got the Figue Noire, I think (based on the phonetic Japanese). Not sure whether it has cassis (black currant), but it was certainly fruitier than I would expect from just fig, and quite sweet, more than I wanted, really, but I wasn't really feeling in the mood for sweets, which is more timing when I have cake. Nevertheless, it's fair to say it was good.  

Still one more exceptional shop to hit, but I have to wait until next month for Pierre Gagnaire to finish the current line-up. Being in an international hotel, they are hit hard by travel restrictions, so they don't even have all the cakes displayed on their poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment