Friday, August 21, 2020

Viron, Montélimar

I saw that Viron, which is nominally a superb shop (even though I hadn't had enough cakes from them, there was hole in the category when OC closed) had a new cake when I was out the Saturday before passing through Shibuya but decided not to get too greedy. It wasn't at (nor was there a card for it) in Marunouchi when I visited later (not that I was ready to buy then either), which might be a pattern for these two shops. So I did run to the Shibuya shop on Monday (not my usual pattern, but it's not farther) and late though it was, they still had plenty of cakes and I could get Montélimar. I was hoping it would be similar to a cake of the same name from L'A because that is great (almond mousse, I think) and this shop might make a better one. However, not the same kind of cake at all. It's been a while, but I think it was coconut cream honey mousse and fruit, which could still be okay, but this was not so exciting, though it seem appropriate as a bakery shop cake somehow. Unfortunately, I like more extravagant things, so this put the shop under threat from a couple shops in the quite exceptional category. 


Actually, I didn't take the shortest path and got a picture of the new Aoyama Grand, which would to be on the old neighborhood route, since it's going to have a bakery, which is not yet open. What is open (though maybe not actually at the time of night) was a tea shop. Still haven't visited after a couple weeks: it's more of a taking-a-walk kind of place, which it's too hot and mask-requiring now to do any of.


No comments:

Post a Comment