Tuesday, July 14, 2020

En Vedette, Citronné

Saturday, after a morning appointment, I ran down to Shibuya Scramble Square (the building) and visited En Vedette, where I got Citronné. I had had a cake similar to this, so I worried that I was working with an out-of-date list, but I was right to remember that the other one was strawberry, not lemon (I assume from the shape and name). the cake inside is fairly dense and is layered, despite the round appearance on the outside, so not a mousse or a typical lemon tart. In the end, I decided it was a nice change in lemon and rated it excellent. This brings En Vedette up to the level of a quite exceptional shop, so I can finally promote them, which means that Ryoura gets demoted down to just exceptional and they'll have to wait for a cake-off win probably for another visit from me, since I've had a good sample from them.

On the way BE from there, I stopped at Path and got a Croissant, since the Pain au Chocolat was great. The Croissant, however, didn't seem like anything special, though it suffered from not being as freshly baked as the former (though it was still warm).

No comments:

Post a Comment