Monday, July 20, 2020

Dalloyau: Coccinelle

I'm leading with the cake from Wednesday, when I reached my cake limit for the week. This is Coccinelle, which is French for the obvious. It is not a mousse dome, but rather than chocolate cake around chocolate and vanilla cream. It's good, in a basic way, but really you're paying for the the design, which is not what I want cake for. This drops Dalloyau down low enough that it's definitely hot challenging Sadaharu Aoki any more, though it will again unless Sadaharu Aoki can get a great cake first.

On Tuesday, I got out early enough to visit a new place on my (new) neighborhood routes: Kitasandou Coffee. I don't drink coffee, but they advertised sweets, so I got a Florentin Fruit, which is more confection than cookie, if that makes sense. Anyway, very high sugar. It was good, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment