Thursday, April 12, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Fraisier

It had been a week, so I was back at Frédéric Cassel expecting them not to disappoint. I figured I could use a little rest, so I only ran one way and walked (quickly) back; also, their bags and this cake are more heavy and awkward than average to run with. Actually, I had forgotten about the Fraisier [updated for consistency]; I was just thinking about this month's tart, but there it was, so a bought it as planned last week at least. It's main component is a very dense pistachio cream, which is between almond biscuits and topped with strawberries, obviously. I was hoping for excellent, but this was great. I guess I better change my plans for Saturday and see about confirming a match for this for a cake-off out east (not for this week, since I still want another go at Tonka), but when I next get an opportunity, which will perhaps be at the end of the month, which seemed to be telling me last week would still be within it's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment