Saturday, April 7, 2018

Frédéric Cassel: Charlotte au Fraise des Bois

It was time to visit Frédéric Cassel again, and a new month and so a new set of "inspirations", though they still had a few other seasonal cakes (I would like to try their Fraise, the one I haven't had, next). Today, though I got the Charlotte au Fraise des Bois, which is a fromage blanc mousse with wild strawberry, essentially rare cheesecake. I ate it will a spoon. Not an exciting choice, but the cheese flavor was refreshing/nice. There's a big effect of shop bias, but I'm going to call this excellent. It certainly was not disappointing, which just good cake can be. Calling this a charlotte seems a stretch, since cheese mousse is a long way from bread, sponge cake, or biscuits that would traditionally encircle the fruit center of a charlotte. The run was fine, though a little rain was sprinkled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment