Sunday, May 31, 2020

P. Mont Plus: 4 cakes

Sunday, I went to one of the few shops with eat-in open, Mont Plus, a shop with some history, I think. For eat in, we got two cakes: Optomiste and Chiboust Paysanne. Naturally, I choose the chiboust. It was a standard (sauteed) apple chiboust with chiboust cream and sour cream, and was excellent. 

The other was also very nice, with caramelized butter cream and walnuts in a rum raisin cake. I'm calling the Optomiste semi-excellent, at least for my companion. 



These were good enough to get two more for take out, which is more important than my vague memory. Neither was chosen by me. One was Valencia. This is a (soft?) meringue cake with almond, orange mousse, and orange pieces. I recall it being
quite nice, so I'm also putting it down as semi-excellent. 

And the last one was an Ali-Baba, which I'll also say was semi-excellent, because it was at least that, but I should probably have both these again and update the entry. I guess I need to visit Kobe more and speed up my updates.

Blogger has updated, and now trying to edit labels destroys the file, so no labels. I'm try to update them later when I figure out how to get the old interface.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment