Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin: chocolat chaud and macarons

No new cake or cake-off today, but did get a little shared Orly at Jean-Paul Hévin's at Marunouchi. My order, though, was Chocolat Chaud Framboise Yuzu and two macarons: Super Amer and Pablino. The hot chocolate was good, but I think I prefer just the raspberry without the yuzu. If I ever get serious about macaron, I'm going to have to really deliberate about how to rate these, as I think my current ratings are pretty unreliable. These certainly are a good texture and taste so I'm going to say that both are excellent. All the macarons are pretty much straight chocolate, unlike at others of their shops. These were "super" bitter, that is, dark, and ones made with Pablino chocolate, which is a line made from a Peruvian chocolate.

The run was neighborhood courses again. My app is still refusing to track me, so it seems to be some kind of energy-saving feature blocking the GPS feature. Note sure whether I've got it switched off again. Might have to go into the shop or Google the problem in Japanese to find the right setting to fix it. Anyway, I expanded the Southeast Sendagaya course to try to include Senjuin (a Buddhist temple) better and rearranged the Jinguumae 3 & 4 and east KitaAoyama 3 map to stay off the main north street, which I didn't like jogging, and to include a couple parks on back streets around public housing that Google Maps doesn't identify. I ran 50 minutes, but I've already changed the map, so I'm not sure how far or fast I ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment